Since Truckee is such a fabulous vacation area, many of our customers are here temporarily.
Here are the steps for tenants and homeowners to transfer service before and after a short-term lease (less than 1 year), such as a ski lease:
- Complete an Application for Residential Service
- Provide a copy of your lease (first page with the term and last signature page only)
- Tenants returning to the same location as the prior year need only to provide the first and last page of the new lease, and indicate when the services should be transferred to you
- Be sure to contact Truckee Donner PUD upon the termination of your lease to transfer the services back to the homeowner.
- Inform your tenants of the process listed above
- Contact Customer Service at the beginning of the lease to ensure the tenant has appropriately transferred service.
- Complete the Auto Transfer Form to ensure that the service automatically transfers back to you