Residential EV Charger Rebate
RebateInstall a Level 2 charging station and get a rebate up to $500.
- Applicant must be a TDPUD customer with an active electrical account
- Applicant must have an electric vehicle registered at TDPUD electrical service address
Required Application Submission supporting documents:
- Copy of charger receipt/invoice
- Copy of installation receipt
- Copy of DMV registration or car purchase/lease agreement showing electrical service address
- Photograph of installed charger
Charging Station Rebate Terms and Conditions
- Applicant must be a TDPUD electric customer with an active TDPUD electrical account.
- Electric vehicle must be registered with CA DMV at the address of an active TDPUD electric account.
- Application must be submitted no later than FOUR months from the date of charger purchase and are accepted on a first come, first serve basis while funds are available. A rebate check will be mailed within 6-8 weeks of TDPUD receiving the application.
- Rebates are limited to one (1) rebate per residential account. If applicable, the applicant must have approval from property manager, owner, or homeowners’ association to install the charger.
- Charger(s) must be Level 2 (240V) and utilize the SAE J1772 charging plug or Tesla’s High Power Wall Connector and be UL or equivalent listed. Chargers with greater capacity will be considered on a case-by-case-basis.
- Charger must be a new purchase with installation hardwired to the property’s electrical service.
- The EV must be DOT approved for highway application. Golf carts, neighborhood carts, motorcycles, electric scooters or bicycles, and other low-speed vehicles are not eligible.
- Installation of the charger must comply with applicable permitting requirements and the contractor used to perform the work must hold the appropriate license.
Electric Vehicle Charging Station Locations in Truckee