ATTENTION: SCAM WARNING
Utility customers are being targeted by scammers claiming to be a collections agent. The caller will impersonate the utility company claiming that your account is delinquent and must be paid immediately. If refused, they threaten disconnection.
Don’t be fooled!
Para información en español, visite: www.tdpud.org/my-account/scam
• Scammers will demand immediate payment by pre-paid debit card, credit card, or money transfer
• Scammers will threaten to disconnect your service from a remote location or after normal business hours
Truckee Donner PUD:
• TDPUD mails monthly bills with past due balances, 15-day notices, and 48-hour notices
• TDPUD sends automated telephone messages asking you to contact the office
• TDPUD may disconnect service for nonpayment after multiple notices, but ONLY during normal business hours
• TDPUD will NEVER ask for a pre-paid debit card or money transfer
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
If you are suspicious of a collection call, hang up immediately, dial TDPUD at (530) 587-3896 during normal business hours, and ask for the status of your account.
TDPUD WILL NOT DISCONNECT YOUR SERVICE AFTER NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS.
If you are contacted by a scammer, report the incident to the police.