Leak Detection & Correlation Study
- RFP Number:102219
- Start Date:10/22/2019 2:00 PM
- Close Date:11/13/2019 4:30 PM
The Truckee Donner Public Utility District (District) intends to perform a leak detection and correlation study during the summer of 2020. The District has identified 30 miles of water main for surveying. The water mains to be surveyed are a combination of the following:
- Welded steel pipe with welded joints and threaded galvanized service laterals
- Welded steel pipe with sleeve-coupled joints and threaded galvanized service laterals
- Asbestos cement pipe with threaded galvanized service laterals
- Galvanized steel pipe with threaded galvanized service laterals
- PVC pipe with compression poly and copper service laterals
- Ductile iron pipe with compression poly service laterals
The Consultant shall utilize sonic leak detection equipment such as transducers, noise data loggers, ground microphones and computer based correlators to identify and locate water leaks. The Consulting firm and field technicians shall have a minimum of five years’ experience in performing leak detection studies with equipment as described herein. All field technicians utilized to perform the work shall have an annual audiogram (hearing test) to ensure that all detectable leak sounds are identified.
The District is hereby requesting proposals to perform leak detection and correlation services. Attached is the Request For Proposals. Sealed proposals will be received by Truckee Donner Public Utility District, until 4:30 p.m., November 13, 2019 at which time the proposals will be opened and reviewed.
Questions and Requests for Additional Information should be directed to Brian Wright at (530) 582-3957.