New Construction

Residential New Construction

In order to initiate the water approval process, please complete the 

Single Family Residence Project Data Sheet (Note: Water System Engineering response letter needed to move forward)

The checklist below lists the required forms to complete the remainder of the application process: 

Residential New Construction Checklist

The current residential electric and water connection & facilities fees are included in the document below:

Residential Electric & Water Connection & Facilities Fees


New Commercial & Development Projects

Each development is handled on a first-come first serve basis.  The Developer is encouraged to provide the necessary application to District staff as soon as possible to facilitate a timely response.  The application must be completed by the Developer and returned to the District with appropriate deposits and plans for preliminary review.  This initiates the agreement process.

Application for Construction

Contact the District's Contract Administrator if you have any questions. 

Commercial Tenant Improvement Projects

The Truckee Donner Public Utility District (TDPUD) is responsible for reviewing commercial tenant improvements as a part of the Town of Truckee's permitting process.  The TDPUD's Electric and Water Engineers will review the project scope with regards to changes or impacts to the existing services.  To begin the review process, complete the form below and email it to the District's Contract Administrator.

TDPUD Building Permit Response Request Form