Important Update: TDPUD COVID-19 Customer Relief Program
- On April 15th, TDPUD’s Board took action to put in place the TDPUD COVID-19 Customer Relief Program which expands the payment assistance for the existing Payment Assistance Program (see below for details). The Board action reallocated $275,000 of funding to support primary residential energy customer who are experiencing a financial hardship due to COVID-19. The Board also doubled the payments assistance available to qualifying customers. from 1 months bill credit equal to the highest home bill in the last 12-months to up to 2 times.
- TDPUD primary residential customers can qualify if they can demonstrate a documented loss of 25% of income. Proof of filing for State or Federal unemployment would qualify.
- Truckee small businesses owners who have been forced to shut-down or dramatically reduce services due the COVID-19 restrictions - and who are TDPUD primary residential customers - may provide a signed letter attesting to he loss of income and they would qualify for this residential bill credit
- TDPUD operates the Payment Assistance Program - and temporary COVID-19 Customer Relief Program - in partnership with Sierra Community House in Truckee. To sign up, please call 530-587-2513.
- Full program rules and requirements are details below and are available through the Sierra Community House.
TDPUD is closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) threat and its impact on our customers and community. We are committed to protecting the health of our employees so that TDPUD can work to ensure you have safe, reliable electric and water service.
The limiting of in-person interactions with staff at our facility is a proactive measure intended to slow the potential spread, impacts and damage of the novel COVID-19
- All essential services are still being provided, though customers are required to conduct business with TDPUD online, via mail, or by phone.
- Our friendly and knowledgeable Customer Service Team is available to assist you by phone at (530) 587-3896 or by emailing email@example.com. TDPUD's mailing address is: 11570 Donner Pass Road, Truckee, CA 96161.
- Payments can be made online at www.tdpud.org, by phone at (888) 480-9712, or at our dropbox just outside our front entrance doors at 11570 Donner Pass Road.
BOARD MEETING INFORMATION: Consistent with the Governor’s Executive Orders, the TDPUD Board of Directors will be practicing best management practices for Public Meetings, participating in remote locations within TDPUD's boundaries, and ensuring Brown Act compliance. TDPUD will not be offering a public meeting space for attendance. The Public can participate during Board meetings electronically by clicking on the Live Streaming Video link on the Board Meetings page. Public comments can be made via e-mail up to the closing of the public comment period for an item by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please join us electronically and participate in our meetings.
We will continue to work with Federal, State and local authorities to ensure we are positioned to serve our customers. For accurate information on COVID-19, please visit Tahoe Forest Hospital's webpage (https://www.tfhd.com/covid-19-coronavirus-protection-prevention-information) or the Center for Disease Control-CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html) to be informed and take action to protect yourself, your family, and our community.