The following is Truckee Donner PUD's interconnection process. Please see the Town of Truckee's website for additional permitting and fee details
- Complete interconnection application packet submitted
- Electrical Engineering review
- Verification of existing equipment and facilities
- PUD approval to initiate construction - This is required before the Town will issue a building permit
- Construction Complete
- Inspection of installation
- PUD approval to commission and energize system - This is required before the Town will issue a final permit
- Account configured for Net Energy Metering (NEM)
- Closeout Work Order and refund/invoice customer based on engineering and inspection time
Have a question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Conservation department at (530) 587-3896
Solar/Battery/Wind Application Requirements
The following information is required prior to installing solar/wind generating facilities or a battery on your home or business:
- Solar-Wind-Battery Project Review & Inspection Agreement
- Solar-Wind-Battery Application
- Interconnection Agreement for Net Energy Metering
- Engineering Design
- Equipment documentation/specification sheets
- $500 Deposit
- Monthly Solar Generation projections (if available)
Please send your application documents to email@example.com and reference the service location in the subject line.
Deposits may be paid at the new construction counter of our office or mailed to Truckee Donner PUD, Attn: Solar Agreement, 11570 Donner Pass Rd, Truckee, CA 96160. Please reference the service address and Account number.
After your full application packet has been received, our electric team will complete an equipment and engineering analysis and inspect your current equipment to ensure it is satisfactory before giving the approval for construction.
Once construction is complete, final inspection and approval must be given before the system may be energized, and followed by closing out your work order and issue a refund/invoice.
Net Metering (NM)
This ordinance adopts a Rate Schedule for Net Metering. Net energy metering is available for residential or commercial customers with generating facilities rated 1 megawatt or less.
Net Metering Ordinance
- Any excess generation is credited to your account to be used as needed at Kilowatt hour for Kilowatt Hour.
- In April your bank will be zeroed out.